The Epilepsy Service at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) offers evaluation and management using the most advanced techniques available to children and adults with epilepsy and related disorders in a setting focused on the advancement of knowledge about epilepsy and related disorders. The MGH Epilepsy Service is an academic teaching service that is committed to clinical and basic research, medical education, and clinical service. Patients seen in this environment benefit from the input of multiple physicians and investigators that results directly from our academic medical approach to evaluation and management.
Clinical services include:
- Consultation services at the request of primary care physicians, neurologists, neurosurgeons and other specialists
- Epilepsy Surgery for patients with structural lesions or patients whose seizures have not been well controlled with medical management
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit for advanced diagnostic and pre-surgical patient evaluation
- First Seizure Clinic for patients with newly recognized episodes thought to represent seizures
- Pediatric Epilepsy services for infants, children and adolescents
- Second Opinion / Record Review services for patients, families and physicians
- E-Consults through the Partners Online Specialty Consultations program at econsults.partners.org
For detailed information see Epilepsy Clinical Services.